Thursday, April 13, 2006

Eskimos have like, a thousand words for snow...

I'm done with it. I'm at the end of my rope. I am no longer asking people how they're doing. It's a bullshit question that elicits a reflex answer. The only time you get an honest response is when someone's having an off day, which is fine; at least I'm truly interacting with this person.

Possible replies to, "How are you doing?"
  • Fine!
  • Great!
  • Wonderful!
  • Awesome!
  • Excellent!
What I'm proposing is a new library of adjectives to describe how you're feeling. That's right. I'm forwarding this post to the people at Webster to see if they can help me out. I briefly considered asking people "If you day was a song, what would it be?", but that'd be lost on most folks I know. So for now, I'm asking people what they've done today, it's more telling and it makes them think.

Let me know if you have any suggestions...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hear! Hear!